Sunday, September 9, 2012

Favorite Freebie Linky Party!!!

Click the image to go to the linky party main blog!


This is my favorite freebie because it can be used by so many teachers and in a variety of grades. Also, these sheets allow me to get a clear picture of how stations are going for my students. With these sheets I know that they are practicing skills that are common core aligned and benefit them. The variety means that you can change each semester or quarterly to mix it up or you can stick with the same format all year. Once I have taught them, they are in a booklet and I don't have any other work with those for the semester!

The story behind it is fairly simple. My first year of teaching I struggled with students not getting a lot accomplished during stations time. I had those who were quiet and off task, but a few would be interrupting others. I needed accountability for all of my stations. Many of my stations change weekly and they have booklets made up for those, but I wanted to put together a variety pack of the stations that could be consistent and offer them for free. I spent time coming up with what I wanted students to do that I felt they would have time for and I created the literacy stations freebie pack.

To use it you just pick which sheet you want to use for that station, teach it and print it into booklets or individual pages to leave out.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with me. I loved your freebie. I'm also your newest follower. I look forward to sharing ideas.

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this freebie too!! I'm so glad I found your blog through the linky!! I am not following you too! :-)

    Olivia
    Liv to Teach

    ReplyDelete